![]() |
| The BEST Audio Mixer in the biz, Chris 'Fluff' Allan, has a new title. |
Hi there! me again. (I'll slow down soon, I promise!)
I would like to offer a public apology for that Karla Bonoff reference yesterday. Every once in a while, I will freely admit to being a fan of cheesy 80’s music, but ‘Personally’ was not even in my top 1000.... ever! It could have been worse, at least I didn’t mention Hasselhoff!
Later, defender Rachel Buehler seized the opportunity as the ball squirted loose in the box. She powered it through the crowd of North Korean defenders for a 2-0 victory. A great way to start the tournament! Next up for our ladies: Colombia, who lost to Sweden 1-0 in the their first ever World Cup appearance.
In the big picture, we are here in Frankfurt at the International Broadcaster Center (heretofore to be known as The IBC) . We operate as the "Master Control" and studio production control room. Everything you see this month comes from or through us. As a teaser to my soon-to-be-blogged Behind the Scenes rambling, our crack research crew has scoured the breadth of the interwebs to bring you this story about our mobile studio. Our man DC Tong is rockin the A2 duties on Big Blue, our mobile production truck with it's own studio enclosed.
Not Feelin it!
Usually, I can handle Jet lag with a strong coffee and a walk. However, this experience has been a tad difficult. In the light of early dawn, I awoke at 5a and decided to go for a run along the river. It’s a picturesque, tree filled riverfront reminiscent of home in Portland or even Minneapolis. I often forget how amazing mornings can be.
I kinda expected that first day, but the next 3 mornings even were worse. Four Thirty AM greeted me like Oscar the Grouch, followed by an hour or two of unsuccessful attempts at getting back to sleep. With the extreme solstice sun shooting through the seam of the window curtains, I felt like Robin Williams in Insomnia. This lack of sleep led to a sore throat and a slight cold. These last few days, I can’t tell if I’m over tired from multiple 13 hour days or just recovering from a Nyquil Hangover!
Our live shots from Times Square were in jeopardy of not happening as this fella on the left sat on a pole and refused to get down when police asked him. I'm not sure how long the standoff lasted, but the US waited for the second half to score, therefore allowing our live shot of fans watching on the big screen to be integrated into our broadcast. 5:22p-from Wayne, via Jed "they just cuffed him".
We sadly say goodbye to our EVS Guru, Jay Deutsch, who flew home for another assignment. Thanks for all of your technical tips and for launching this digital, media monster. See you soon at another international broadcast event. You have trained your protegé, Brandon, as a perfect replacement. He has modified my iPhone, jacking it into the the EVS server, so I can perform mobile edits from the biergarten. I suggest he gets a hefty raise.
Music of The Day.
To inspire the Aussies on the pitch today against Brazil, my friend Keiran Chapman shouts out from Down Under suggesting the fresh sounds of the band Spider Bait. http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio/B0001VWF6K/ref=pd_krex_listen_dp_img?ie=UTF8&refTagSuffix=dp_img
Ladies and germs, once again, it is time for..... The Ipswich Town Stat of the Day! (insert big audio fanfare here.) Today, IPTWNStat-o-Day is purposefully and properly pilfered from researcher Paul Carr-
![]() |
| Ian 'Lady Killer' Brown |
USA remains undefeated (14-0-2) all-time in WWC Group Stage and improves to 4-0-2 in WWC openers.
Lauren Cheney, who was a last-minute decision to start, headed in a goal in the 54th minute.
Defender Rachel Buehler doubled the lead in the 76th minute with her 2nd career goal, in 60 appearances.
USA is the 1st team to win by multiple goals in this tournament.
Hope Solo makes 7 saves and improves to 4-0-1 at WWC, with 4 shutouts.
USA's extends its record with its 17th WWC shutout.
Lauren Cheney, who was a last-minute decision to start, headed in a goal in the 54th minute.
Defender Rachel Buehler doubled the lead in the 76th minute with her 2nd career goal, in 60 appearances.
USA is the 1st team to win by multiple goals in this tournament.
Hope Solo makes 7 saves and improves to 4-0-1 at WWC, with 4 shutouts.
USA's extends its record with its 17th WWC shutout.
Thank you, this has been the IPSWCHTNStat-o-Day. ...'cause Ian Brown digs it!
The Daily Shout Out!
Hey Pete, welcome to Deutschland. enjoy Hamburg. may your Jet Lag be easy and your beer have handles!
Lonnie, I'm saving my daily per diem, should have your Porsche by October.
Hey Jorge/Jackie, how's my spelling for this blog so far?
Zop, we miss your fabulous, funky, falsetto voice, Shaw's imitation of you imitating Aaron Neville needs some adjustment.
Zop, we miss your fabulous, funky, falsetto voice, Shaw's imitation of you imitating Aaron Neville needs some adjustment.
Is it just me? or is the Colombian coach a younger version of that smooth Bad Guy from Clear & Present Danger???
Gotta go, tune in tomorrow. Same Bat-time, same Bat-place!






No comments:
Post a Comment