Happy Independence Day!
The US may be done for this World Cup, but there is plenty of exciting soccer left, expecially today.
plus, some tasty food tidbits coming up in the next few days. hope you are hungry.
let's start the day with one and only Keb' Mo'. check out his tribute to our beloved country.
http://www.kebmo.com/atb/
if you ever have a chance to see this dude in concert, you will not be disappointed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLiMXitJzvw
All the buzz about the US National soccer team got me thinking. It's a bit cliché, but Lee Greenwood got it right. I AM proud to be an American. However, the song is way outdated. Time for a 2014 MashUp! I propose that someone with more musical ability than I, take this song and overlay a modern, uptempo beat. Maybe Daft Punk? nope, think they're French. Wyclef? nope. Haitian, yet still sort of American. Bruno Mars? yeah. get on that, somebody.

With a few days off, I was able to get out for some good food, sunshine and exercise!
yesterday started with 2 mile walk to what is becoming my regular breakfast place. Sure, breakfast is included for free in the restaurant at the apartments. But, they offer the exact same mediocre spread
every day. It took me a while, but I found a beach hut that does a nice espresso and a tasty, Brazilian breakfast. A very Brazilian drink is the very healthy Acaî. Locally, it comes frozen like a 7-11 Slurpee, but smoother, like they mixed it with yogurt. It is usually offered with granola, I added bananas. On the side, I had Tapioca com queijo coalho e mel. yep, that. Tapioca with cheese curd and honey. It was odd, but not terrible. Even better with the honey! It all paired nicely with my fantastic illy double espresso. Ya, I got a bit jacked up that day.
After breakfast, we went to rent a bike for Reg. While waiting, I had a nice talk with a local guy who gave us some good advice on where to ride. He also had some things to say about our country. He likes what we do and how we serve other nations, with the exception of a few military missions. He respects the propaganda we promote (his words). But, I didn't sense cynicism. I think that is just they word he uses to translate 'the image we promote'. He is disappointed in our education system, says it's lacking. As an example, he then introduced me to his 9 year old son, who speaks fluent Portuguese, German and English. Yep, point taken. He's been to the US many times, loves it. He's jealous of the freedom we have and the taxes we pay. If I heard him right, he pays almost 60% in taxes. That is why things are so expensive here, which only widens the gap from poor to rich. Makes me stop and ponder the freedom that I have by being a US citizen. hmmm. wow. thankful.
Mayday! mayday! I'm out of Nutella!
need replacement. Stat!
Good luck to everyone working A Capitol Fourth on PBS tonight- Shelby, Mark, Matt, Jenn, Tony, Whitney, Paul etc. and Steve. Don't forget Steve!
Back to work today.
Portuguese phrase of the day: Eu nao quero voltar (I don't want to go back)
On Tap Today
big, huge, gigante, ginormous games today. France seems to have put the circus of 2010 behind them. Even without the world-class skills Frank Ribery, they have shown flashes of brilliance and gelled as a team- winning does that. Germany just reloads. Not public knowledge, but I have the inside scoop. BMW and Mercedes engineers also design and produce a steady crop Deutsch Footballers. Doubt this? Watch for the superior handling in the corners, aggressive speed off the line and precision machined passing. Engineered like no other.
The late game showcases the flair and pizzaz of Sud America. Neymar vs James. (refer to previous blogs http://randomrustyrambles.blogspot.com.br/2014/06/new-king-james-version.html) Can Brazil become more than a collection of great players to play team futebol? They need to do this. This will enable the wide open Samba style that we love. Neymar can't do it alone. They need jogo bonito! we want to see it.Columbia brings real team passing, some great momentum and a fresh, new attitude. If they score first, watch their goal celebration dance. Best dancing since Solid Gold went off the air.
Daily Dopple Døüblégåangér
Since Germany is playing today, lets Dopple our EPSN announcer and great Deutsch midfielder, Michael Ballack, with Matt Damon.
could just be another Jason Bourne disguise. Have you ever seen them in the same room at the same time? didn't think so.
Well, that's the story from way down South.
keep on, keeping on amigos.
~Rqüsseldinho! (silent q)



No comments:
Post a Comment