Haita! (Zulu slang for 'Hello')
Did ya catch that Dutch game? did you (Van) Gogh watch it? Successful risk taking at pivotal moments and a mass of Orange is what I saw in a 3-2 win for the wooden shoe dudes. All three Netherlands goals hit the post en route to the back of the net. The Uraguay goals were outstanding as well. Once again, Forlan launched an ICBM from another continent that found the upper right corner to tie the game. How he do dat? Yet, Van Bronckhosrt's 35+ yard rocket gets my vote as best of the Cup. Search YouTube for all the goals, it's worth it!
Or, better yet, just watch our PreGame show, I'm sure we'll play it.
I worked the early shift then joined travelers Joe, Merideth, Bob and Nicole in the IBC HD Cinema for the 3D presentation of the game. What a perfect match to watch in that extra dimension. TV coverage uses cameras mounted lower to the field to enhance the depth. Shot's are not as tight, since we can already see everything in HiDef. Soccer on a 30 foot screen, with vuvuzelas in 5.1 Surround Sound, makes the experience like a session on the Holodeck of the Starship Enterprise. Joe's reaction."That was almost as good as being in the stadium".....yep, just not as cold!
Demy de Zeeuw, got a bicycle kick to the face. that's gotta hurt!
SEMIFINAL #2 today!
Germany vs Spain. at 11a on ESPN.
Germany can continue its outstanding offensive onslaught...or Spain will unleash more of it's prominent passing prowess to slow the Deutsche. I'll be rooting for the Espanol, Germany already has a few World Cup trophies.
The coastal city of Durban host's today's game.
A year ago, there was talk of the stadiums not being ready in time. I beg to differ, what's the problem with a stadium made of sand?
For today's random tunz, check out Vampire Weekend...
(which has nothing at all to do with screaming teanage girls waiting hours in line at a movie theater.) It's a light sounding Afro-pop fusion thang from NYC, currently getting big in the UK. recommended by Ailsa, another Media Manager from England.
http://www.vampireweekend.com/
http://www.myspace.com/vampireweekend
Come along, let's stroll out back of the IBC on a quick tour of the studio.
Built 30 feet high for a view of Soccer City Stadium.
check out the 16 foot HD screen.
finally, actually 16 by 9!
Studio has 2 pedestal cameras, 1 jib (crane) and one Steadicam (James Lyttle).
I'm not really sure what this means....
.....but it's the most basic description of what I do.
...what we all do, really.
During our off duty time, Todd, Chris, Shaun, Shaw and I have been heading down to the local parks to play pickup games with the locals. lots o fun!
http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/NsAc7s2eySDrc1Vg








The jibjab video is great. Didn't know my honey was such a great soccer player! Glad to see you got his "fluff" right. Thanks for the laugh. ~chris' wife patti
ReplyDeleteFluff rocks!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, Paul the Octupus is 5-0 at this World Cup.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10521867.stm
Nice tour
ReplyDelete