Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Nooduitgang!

 woohoo!
The US vs Ghana World Cup match set an American ratings record for ESPN and Univision. The match was seen by 14.9 million on ABC — an American record for the tournament — and an additional 4.5 million on Univision. Wow, those are staggering numbers.

Today's multi-cultureal adventure was a 300 yard (or is it meters?) walk down Hall 8 of the IBC to say hi to Fernando (El Presidente of LA) and Zach Hart(Mark Cuban's arch enemy)  working for Univision.
Seems like their work experience has been as busy as mine, this being the first day I had time to find them.  (editors note: the above photograph in no way represents an endorsement from the blog author or any of his family friends or pets!)


Show me the money!
Here in South Africa, the Rand is the common currency.  Currently trading about 7.5 to 1 for the US Dollar, it's always a suprise when dinner costs 150!   The rand or ZAR takes its name from the Witwatersrand (White-waters-ridge in), the ridge upon which Joburg is built and where most of South Africa's gold deposits were found. And I thought it was a tribute to my bro!
The acronym ZAR, comes from the Dutch Zuid-Afrikaanse rand. (South African Rand).  Going to the ATM, I withdraw 1000 at a time. Sheesh, makes me feel loaded... like my nephew William after a family-pounding game of Monopoly!


Spain's David Villa once again become the hero as the World #1 beat a fierce Portugal 1-0.  The over-paid, over-exposed, over-dramatic Cristiano Ronaldo failed to have an impact...again.

Earlier in the day, Parguay advanced to the Quaterfinals defeating Japan on Penalty kicks.
 
Now that we are down to the best 8 teams on the planet, the tournament now takes a few days off.Set your alarms for Friday the 2nd- 7aPT kickoff for Brazil and the Netherlands!




If the bus ever has an accident, I can always jump out of the Nooduitgang!

hmmmm, so many commments, so little time.


gottago!  my next adventure awaits-with a few days off from work, I ramble on to Capetown.
Please pardon the blog break. I promise I'll re-post in few days. Adios Amigos!





No comments:

Post a Comment