Monday, June 14, 2010

WC German Goal Explosion

Güten Tag freundens!
Podolski and Klose rocked the house with outstanding goals to lead the Germans 4-0 over Australia.  Apologies to my Aussie friends.  That Cahill red card was too much, should have been yellow!




looks like ESPN the Mag prophesied correctly:
Ghana shocked Serbia yesterday.  Pay attention to the African teams this month. They could spoil some dreams and fulfill some of their own.


First game today is Dutch vs Danes. Netherlands vs Denmark.  Viking helmets vs the color Orange.

Our very own Esther Van Huystee (born just outside Amsterdam) tells us the Dutch theme color comes from William of Orange.  I don't claim to understand all, but this dude once reigned over England, Scotland, Ireland and The Netherlands....if he were alive today, he'd probably coach 4 national teams simultaneously. He would just need a new haircut.
  hmmm, that's a great name, think I'll modify to my own.  I shall become Rusty of Gray!

This one start before most of you are awake. 4:30a PT. I expect Jeremy Brown, Rich Cowan, my Bros/newphews, and a handful of true fans to be up for this one!


also today:Japan Cameroon at 7a.
then Italy vs Paraguay at 11a!  this will be good!!!

and a Joburg shout out to Merideth Zampino- Happy B-day! see you in a few jet lagged days.



Fans at our hotel are ready!.......













.

...and on the road,  the traffic jam made us an hour late!  

..which made us listen to some bad SA pop radio.
what's worse than too much Whitney?  any George Michaels!! even worse than that?  a remix, over-percussionized version of 'Everything She Wants".   ahhhhhh shoot me now!!
It wasn't a good song in '87, why would it be good now?????





Thanks to my Special Lady, Princess Shelby of Wilsonville, for the photo from Fido coffee co.  Great pict- must be a great dog!
I miss you. 











more tomorrow my friends- Go Dutch!!!

1 comment:

  1. Go, Dutch, go! I'm half-Dutch so I can cheer for the Netherlands. Plus I look good in orange. And now I know why my college's colors where blue and ORANGE - we were the flying Dutchmen - thanks, William of Orange. And Rusty of Gray!

    ReplyDelete