Sunday, June 20, 2010

US-SLV redux & stuff

Sawabona frineds! (hello in Zulu)

and a Happy Father's Day !!

The scuttlebutt continues.
FIFA has no comment on the disallowed US goal that would have won the game.
At Wimbledon press conference, Andy Roddick says of World Cup rules: 'If 2 Slovenian guys mug an American guy, the American guy gets called for a foul.'
Bob Bradley today: “I think it’s a good goal, first. I think the only things really that could be called would be penalty kicks for us. There are times when a referee, for whatever reason, blows a foul and now thinks either he didn’t make the correct call on the foul or from a previous play, and then literally as soon as the free kick’s taken, he blows his whistle, OK? So you can speculate all you want about which guy and everything, I think it’s a waste of time. All right? I think there was nothing there. I think it’s a good goal. And that’s that.”

I blame it all on a president. I don't know who, just pick one.  Isn't that who we are supposed to blame in times of national crisis?















OK, so with all that being said and done, we move on, here's the scoop:
It all may be a bit confusing.. I'll access my vast network of Mathematical Scientists from Rensselaer Polytechnical Institute to break it down for ya:  we gotta win on Wed!

Today has Italy vs New Zealand at 7aPT- sorry Kiwi's, I don't feel good about this one.
Brazil takes on Ivory Coast at 11:30aPT on ABC.  The only chance Cote d'Ivoire
has is if Drogba can forget his broken arm and play like Drogba.
The early game you just missed was Slovakia/Paragauy. oh well.

música do dia  ----Yo Yo Ma, his Obrigado Brazil album is a tribute to Brasil Futbol which samples all of the multicultural styles of Brazilian musicshttp://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio/B00009ZKXD/ref=pd_krex_dp_001_008?ie=UTF8&track=008&disc=001 

a perfect soundtrack to the magical footwork of the Samba Kings  version of jogo bonita! I must put this in my ipod if I can crash the party tonight.


This just in. Chelsea forward Anelka was dumped by France on Saturday after an apparent dressing room bust-up with manager Raymond Domenech during their 2-0 defeat against Mexico on Thursday.Reports suggested that Anelka had reacted angrily to Domenech’s questioning of his first half performance and that led to him being taken off at the interval. It had been reported that Anelka told his manager to "go BEEP yourself".   Anelka then announced his retirement. what a way to go! waving your white flag too???

Random stats compliments of Shaw (our Rainman of Futbol knowledge)- 3.4 million viewers have seen live and on-demand matches on ESPN3.com   woohoo!



more picts from US/SLV:        I am one lucky SOB- (Son of Bob)!



chatting up with this dude in the flag, found out he's from Hillsboro, Or. only 20 mins from mi casa! whodathunk!

as a favor, even Flat Stanley made it to the game!!

2 comments: