Friday, June 27, 2014

US Advances. Cookoo for CocoaPuffs!

We may have lost the battle, but we won the war. Germany beat the US 1-0. But, as our Production Manager Spencer puts it "We won, Zero to One."

what? yep. what he said.

Portugal beat Ghana to end up with 4 points, just like us. But the US takes 2nd in the group based on Goal Differential.   It may not have been pretty, but it we held the Deutsch in check enough to move on.  We are moving on!!








Music for Your Day-
try the Brazilian rap of Criolo on for size.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f35HluEYpDs


Did you feel it?  I felt it.  It was amazing to see our remote shots from DC, Chicago and KC with thousands rooting for the US. Social Media and internet hits were setting records.  It's a great sign of soccer taking it's rightful place among American sports.  What other event makes brings a country together like this?  I love being here, but I miss the group dynamic of watching a game back home.

Only a few weeks ago, nobody expected the US to do much of anything in this World Cup. They were about to face two of the top teams on the planet and a Ghana team that is faster, stronger and have beaten them twice in recent Cups.  They had the toughest travel schedule  of all 32 teams- flying 8900 miles throughout Brazil for the three games.  With the odds stacked against us, we not only escaped The Group of Death, we avoided the Pit of Despair.

 From the Quote Board

Portuguese phrase of the day: Onde pago? (Where do I pay?)

Dark Day. 
Wahoo! yippee! woot! woot! I'm cookoo for CocoaPuffs! yeah! RipCity!  Im that excited. With no games scheduled today and no live TV or sausage to produce, I have my first day off since May 28th. I've been going to the work at the same place for 29 straight days. Me thinks that sets an all-time record for me. Without the games to live for, this would feel like Groundhogs day. Another record that will go down in history: Longest time of no travel/sleeping in the same bed, since '94. 
 I've been stuck with some nasty cold/flu thang for the past week.  I plan on seeing a lot of  the sun on this so called 'dark day'.


That's all I got. Enjoy Life
Happy Birthday to the love of my life.
~Russ




No comments:

Post a Comment